By: Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
A Micro Wedding is defined as an intimate event, with no more than 50 guests in attendance. Traditions are still incorporated, but with much more creative freedom and personal touches.
Micro weddings have always been an option. However, with all of the disruptions across the world due to COVID-19, they became extremely popular with couples out of necessity. The trend has caught on. Now they are something that couples and wedding pros have embraced and actually look forward to.
Are you still unsure about adding micro wedding services to your offerings?
Here are 5 reasons to add micro weddings to your wedding business:
- Creativity Can Flow All of those amazing design ideas that you have always wanted to pitch to a client, can now be heard. Have conversations about amping up the guest experience.
- More Personalized Design and Decor Smaller guest list, means more time to spend with those in attendance. Why not use this time to show friends and family how much they are loved and appreciated? Hand-written notes, personalized favours, speeches with meaning. The couple can include family heirlooms and thoughtful photos from the past. Consider cozy lounge areas for intimate conversations, and so much more!
- Unique Venue Options Smaller guest lists open the door to unique places for ceremonies and receptions. Backyards, farms or the family cottage. Museums, restaurants and heritage homes. The local mini-putt or even a bakery or fast food joint can assist.
- Couples Can Enjoy the Wedding From Start to Finish With Those They Love Most This might just be the best part! Natural conversations and the flow of the day are able to happen without all of the craziness of large wedding celebrations. Couples can eat, drink, dance and be merry!
- Less Restrictive Timelines Since the timeline is more relaxed, so are the couples. There are no more worries about getting to each and every guest to say thank you for coming. Also, running off with the photographer for photos or trying to remember to have a moment with mom and dad. It just happens naturally over the course of the day.
Did you know that WPIC offers a Micro Wedding mini-course?
This mini-course consists of a 2-hour webinar, downloadable workbook and a Micro-Wedding Client Agreement (Contract). Students will have access to the webinar for 2 months.
Investment: $149 CDN
- Wedding Safety plan
- COVID Safety Protocols (including sample set-ups, contact tracing forms, etc)
- Charging for Micro Wedding Services and Pop-up Wedding Packages
- Vendor and Client Agreements
- Collecting and distributing payments
- Communicating the value of your services to potential couples
- Coordination and planning of Micro and Pop-up weddings
- Many more important topics
Please note: While this is NOT a Certification course, a Certificate of Completion will be issued.