By Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
The very best way to get to know your wedding clients is to ask questions. Below are some must-ask questions that will open them up and encourage conversations. Make sure to write down their responses, or better yet have them answer them in a questionnaire.
- How Did You Get Engaged?
- What is Your Budget?
- Are There Any Guest Considerations That We Should Know About? (Disabilities, family dynamics, alcoholism, etc.)
- Have You Considered Wedding Insurance?
WPIC has a great program with Apollo Insurance.
More and more, venues are requiring your couples to take out extra insurance to host their weddings. Also, most regular home insurance policies will not cover a tented wedding on the owner’s property, additional Event Insurance is required.
We have always talked about Event and Wedding Insurance in classes, and advised you to have that discussion with your clients. We have been working with a Apollo Insurance to provide special rates for Wedding & Event Insurance for your clients. It is a super-easy online process and only available to clients of WPIC Certified Wedding Planners.
5. What Are Your Wedding Must-Haves?
6. When you picture working with a wedding planner, what do you imagine that experience to be like?
7. How Do You Want to Feel at Your Wedding?
8. Are There Cultural Elements That Your Parents/Grandparents Would Like You to Include?
9. What Is Something That You Disliked About a Wedding That You Attended?
10. What Is Something That You Love About a Wedding That You Attended?
WPIC inc. gives out a much more detailed questionnaire (client intake form) to our students as part of our certification course. This goes along with our sample wedding day checklist, Month Of information form, contracts, invoices, Wedding Planner to-do list, a sample wedding planning timeline for your couples, and so on.