By Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
The very best way to get to know your wedding clients is to ask questions. Below are some must-ask questions that will open them up and encourage conversations. Make sure to write down their responses, or better yet have them answer them in a questionnaire.
- How Did You Get Engaged?
- What is Your Budget?
- Are There Any Guest Considerations That We Should Know About? (Disabilities, family dynamics, alcoholism, etc.)
- Have You Considered Wedding Insurance?
- What Are Your Wedding Must-Haves?
- When you picture working with a wedding planner, what do you imagine that experience to be like?
- How Do You Want to Feel at Your Wedding?
- Are There Cultural Elements That Your Parents/Grandparents Would Like You to Include?
- What Is Something That You Disliked About a Wedding That You Attended?
- What Is Something That You Love About a Wedding That You Attended?
WPIC inc. gives out a much more detailed questionnaire (client intake form) to our students as part of our certification course. This goes along with our sample wedding day checklist, Month Of information form, contracts, invoices, Wedding Planner to-do list, a sample wedding planning timeline for your couples, and so on.