By: Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
Finally weddings are back, and they are back with a BANG! We are actually seeing some different trends happening than what were projected, and I’m here for it.
Some of the most noticeable trends are as follows:
- Out with tradition
- Statement dresses and suits
- Turning up the glam
- Spoiling the guests
The Wedding Attire
- Sustainable dresses (GOTS certified cotton, borrowed, rented or made from hemp). Take a look at Bastet Noir who makes custom-made gowns manufactured by women in Macedonia. Every purchase gives back to the welfare and education of these women and their children. Also, Lost in Paris is an Australian based company who create “dresses laced with history”. Custom made dresses from salvaged lace found in antique shops from all over the world.
- Bows and Pearls
- Two looks (two wedding outfits)
- Black accents and some designers have added new lines of black wedding dresses (Sophie et Voila, David’s Bridal, Maggie Sottero and Galia Lahav)
- 3D Floral Applique (Monique Lhuillier)
- Square necklines
- Colourful and vibrant. A true celebratory look and feel.
- Free flowing
- Ceiling installments are large and dramatic
- Silk vs Real (very helpful that they have really stepped up the look and feel of the faux florals these past few years with all of the floral shortages happening all over due to the aftermath of Covid-19)
- Prosecco Bar
- Beer on Demand
- Mocktail Bars
- Espresso Cart
- Martini Stations
- Smoothie/Juice Bars
Formal Looks are Back, baby!
- Black tie
- Floor-length gowns
- Over the top decor/florals
- Unique Venues (museums, villas, private estate rentals)
- Welcome party/Bonfire/Movie night under the stars
- Fun social activities through the day
- More focus on time together with the guests
- Brunch the day after the wedding
- Exclusivity is huge!
- Boutique Hotels
- Private villas