By: Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
Everyone who owns a business in the wedding industry does something they are good at, and does it well (or really wants to). Organization, selling, client relationships, communication, vendor relationships, solving problems, design skills, florals, and so on. The trick is to find out what that is and use it to market your business, and get you the clients that you adore.
Doing what you love will show in everything that you do.
If you have a passion for the enviroment and being better to the planet, eco-friendly weddings may be your perfect fit. You will respect your clients efforts. You can be excited about ways to build on their ideas and plans, use your connections to better the planet.
Traditions and rituals excite you. Specializing in a culture that you are familiar with is comforting and exciting at the same time. The religion, decor, language, the food and the meaning behind why they do what they do will have a greater meaning. It will make you and your clients respect the why even more.
Why is this important?
- Like attracts like. When you understand what your specialty is, you can share your thoughts, feelings and offer tips and solutions to their challenges on social media and your blog, or advertising. By doing this, you are then speaking directly to a certain client who is looking for someone just like you. There will be a stronger sense of trust and creates a connection from the get go.
- Communication and problem solving becomes easier as your thoughts and actions will meet their needs. You will know more about their pain points are and are better able to help them.
- Job satisfaction will be higher. You are truly doing what you care about and working with those who also care about the same things as you.
- It defines you as an expert in that particular area.
What are some ways to attract more of your type of clients?
- Address specific challenges and problems that you have helped your clients overcome in your blogs or posts on social media.
- Share client and vendor testimonials that are specific to your specialty. Ask specific questions for your clients to answer when you do your off-boarding and are asking for feedback.
- Create TikTok videos or Reels that showcase your specialty.
- Only post photos in your portfolio or social media that match the type of weddings that you want to work with. Go through and weed out past photos that no longer serve you.
Hopefully, the points above will help you see the value in defining your wedding planning services and can bring more of who and what makes you happy into your business.