By Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
Sometimes it is overwhelming running a business. There is so much to do, and not enough time or money to do it. In this article I’m going to share how you can better your brand instantly, and it won’t cost you anything.
Update your Instagram Highlights and Covers
Some businesses update theirs to coincide with each season. Others do it when they get a new and improved logo. Make sure it looks clean and the colours you choose represent your brand. They should be cohesive and should elevate your brand.
Tweak All of Your Bios on Social Media
- You should have your logo or a business photo of yourself as your “profile picture”.
- Your “title” should describe your business. Examples would be Wedding Planning Service, Event Planner, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Venue, etc.)
- Your “headline” can include keywords that relate to your business like Wedding Business Consultant, Luxury Weddding Planning & Design, Cake Artist, Custom Floral Decor, etc.
- The “value statement” should let people know what you do, and what you can do for them. An example would be: Destination wedding planner specializing in romantic and over the top weddings in Italy and Spain. Genuine and Joyful wedding photos in the GTA.
- “Call to Action” can be to promote a new resource or an item with a limited time offer. Usually best to add this as the last line.
Add Your Social Media Info to Your Email Signature
Not only does it look great to end your email with your socials, but it reminds people to check you out and give you a follow. I love it when people have their photo and their socials in their business colours. Ugghh…Why haven’t I done this yet?
Update Your About Me Page
Before a client books you, they have already checked you out on social media and most importantly will scour through your website for the finer details. Make sure your “About Me” page matches what they have already seen of you, and encourages them to follow through and hire you. Has it been a while since you’ve done this? Is it all about you? Change that, ASAP. It should relate to your potential couples and what you can, and will do for them. Then add in what-they- need-to-know-about-you information. Have you changed your focus? Do you have new skills to add? Any new certifications? Update your skills and add any awards or features that stand out. Throw in a testimonial or two to add even more legitamacy.
While you are at it, change your photo to a recent professional headshot!
There you have it. I’ve given you some simple ways to better your brand. You can do this on a day off, a weekend or an evening during a slow period. Let me know some other useful tips in the comments below.
Tracey Manailescu is co-founder and Vice President of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada. She has been consulting, planning and coordinating hundreds of weddings and international events professionally, since she was certified in 2000. She has owned the wedding planning firm, Tracey M Events, since 2012.
In addition to planning weddings, teaching WPIC courses and planning learning events for WPIC Alumni, Tracey regularly speaks at Wedding and Event Industry conferences.
Photo: August Media