By: Tracey Manailescu, Co-founder of WPIC inc.
In the past year and a half (thanks to COVID-19) it has been difficult to run a business on many levels. The wedding and event industry in Canada was almost non-existent unless our events were done virtually, or in extremely small numbers following provincial guidelines. Thank goodness we are seeing things turn around, and the forecast is starting to look promising.
Social media content is one of the challenges that we have struggled most with. As planners, we rely heavily on our social media platforms to interact with clients, potential clients and other wedding pros. We are used to showcasing our weddings and events, testimonials and behind-the-scenes work as part of our communication.
Social Media Prompts
Here are some ideas to keep you going while you are waiting for your weddings to happen, or waiting for the amazing photos of recent weddings to show to your followers:
- Answer a question that comes up a lot during client meetings
- Share your process once a couple hires you
- Discuss what makes you different in the wedding world
- Do a business related Friday introduction #fridayintroduction
- Show your face more often in your feed and stories
- Provide Tuesday Tips #tuesdaytip
- Utilize your stories (do interative polls and IG lives)
- Showcase an inspirational quote
- Interview a wedding pro that you love working with
- Discuss any accomplishments
- Talk about online courses, conferences and trainings that you have taken to better your business #neverstoplearning
- Showcase new inventory/service offerings
- Discuss website changes and upgrades
- Post a review from a past wedding couple
- Share a testimonial from a wedding pro
We look forward to seeing what you come up with and remember to use the hashtag #lifeofawpicweddingplanner to be featured.
Named one of the “Top 20 Most Fascinating Women in Events 2017” by Canadian Special Events Magazine. Tracey Manailescu has been consulting on, planning and coordinating hundreds of weddings and international events professionally since she was certified in 2000. She has owned the wedding planning firm, Tracey M Events, since 2012. You have seen her giving expert wedding advice on television, in most wedding magazines and major newspapers in Canada, the United States and across the Caribbean. She has written articles for Today’s Bride and DWP Insider, her weddings and events are regularly featured in media outlets around the world such as Wedding Chicks, Munaluchi Bride, EventSource.ca, Elegant Wedding Magazine, Aisle Planner, and Today’s Bride to name a few. Tracey has planned weddings, events and conferences in Canada, Colombia, Mexico, The Bahamas, Barbados, Turks & Caicos, Jamaica, a European cruise, Italy and Ireland. In addition to planning weddings, teaching WPIC courses and planning events for WPIC Alumni, Tracey regularly speaks at Wedding and Event Industry conferences.