by Danielle Andrews, President and Co-Founder of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada Inc.
In recent years we have seen asking the question become an event in itself. Whether it is Prom Proposals, Will you be my Bridesmaid? Will you be our child’s Godparent? and of course, Will you marry me? These are milestones in people’s lives, so its great that people are celebrating Proposals too and making them an event.
With Marriage Proposals becoming more elaborate and having multiple moving parts, and may even involve travel, so it only makes sense that the person doing the asking is looking for a little logistical help with these mini-events. Many wedding professionals are usually involved like decorators, rental companies, venues, catering or bakeries, sometimes live animals and animal wranglers, and of course a photographer.
As a Wedding Planner it is only natural that you add Proposal Planning to your services offered, and what’s great about these mini events, is that because they are small scale, you get to flex your creativity with something over-the-top! Each Proposal is like a Mini Styled Shoot, but better!
Here are some reasons that you should consider adding Proposal Planning to your Services:
- Added revenue stream
- Get in front of the couple before they are even engaged
- Connect and build a report with the couple before they are looking for a wedding planner
- Jaw-dropping scroll-stopping photos for your marketing and social outlets
- Exercising your creativity
- Did I mention added revenue stream? Not offering these services is like literally leaving money on the table.