By: Caryn Lim, WPICC, DWC of A Timeless Celebration
Due to Covid-19, your original wedding plans for this year might have been ruined. However, you are determined to tie the knot and nothing can stop you. Just because you are forced to have an intimate wedding, it doesn’t mean you cannot have a top-notch celebration. It doesn’t mean that you cannot make it fun and meaningful. In fact, your small wedding will be more one-of-a-kind, less cookie-cutter and can be full of surprises for your guests!
Here are 10 ways you can consider to make it the best and most memorable wedding for your guests.
- Creative Wedding Location. There are many unique and beautiful locations that cannot cater to large weddings. With a small guest list, you now have many more choices where you can hold your celebrations. Perhaps a cottage by the lake, a beautiful hotel balcony, a museum, the restaurant where you had your first date, a small barn or a lavender farm? Think outside the box and let your imagination go wild!
- Hand Delivered Invitations. Delivery your wedding invitations in a box full of treats your guests love. They can be edible or non-edible but practical tiny home items.
- Circle of Love. When you say your “I do’s”, make it nice and short so that you can do without the chairs and invite your guests to stand in a circle surrounding the two of you. How special is that! But remember, if you do have elderly guests, have a couple of chairs ready, just in case their feet get a little tired.
- Splurge on Flowers. If you’re a flower lover, you can now splurge on your flowers without having to worry about centrepieces for 25 tables. You can go all out for your sweetheart table flowers creating a beautiful backdrop for photo ops. If you’re doing family-style dinner seating arrangements, you can have a beautiful river of luxury flowers running the entire length of the rectangular tables. The possibilities are endless when it comes to floral design.
- Love Notes. Write a little note to each of your guests to express how much they mean to you and how much you love them.
- Your Fave Dishes. Curate a wedding menu with dishes that mean something to you and your Hunny. Then print, or even write, menus with a little description of why the two of you love each of the dishes you have chosen.
- Personalized Favors or Gifts. Choose a wedding favour you can personalize each of your guests’ names or monograms on. Instead of having the same favours for all your guests, choose gifts that are personalized to each one of them.
- Video Guestbook. Have your guests do a video guestbook. With fewer guests, each one can take their time to film their congratulations and well wishes as you start your journey as newlyweds.
- Surprise Performance. With a small guest list, perhaps you can have the budget to hire a special performer for your guests. A talented magician, a fire-eater, a flair bartender or even a caricature artist! Tip: having a caricature of each guest done, this can double as the wedding favour; a big wedding favour. Ooo I love this idea!
- Professional Photographer. Hire a talented photographer to snap lots of pictures of you and your guests. After the wedding, make a mini coffee table photo album for each of your guests for their keepsakes.
Hope the above ideas can inspire you for your own intimate wedding and have to make it unforgettable.
Do let me know in the comments which is your favorite idea!