Wedding and Event Designer Certification Course
The course is made up of Lecture Theory, Industry Speakers, Hands-on Practicum, Home-study and an At-Home Project. A Course Manual will be provided, but it is designed to be enhanced by the Student’s own note-taking. Therefore, the manual helpfulness is determined by the student them self.
2 Days of In-class Instruction + 1 month Home Study + Practical Exam = Certification
Why Become an Event Designer?
- You are looking for a creative outlet in an industry that exercises many design disciplines simultaneously.
- You enjoy the opportunity to share your design expertise and produce milestone events in one of the fastest growing industries today.
- You are passionate about events and their design, planning, production, and evaluation.
- You enjoy helping others and working on teams to produce event design installations that create a guest experience.
- You are looking to consult with an existing design firm or begin a professional career as an independent event designer within your own business.
Becoming a Certified Event Designer
- A professional ‘seal’ allows your client to distinguish between a trained professional event designer and an entry level designer or decorator.
- As a certified event designer, you are committed to your professional development and remain atop current design trends, best business practices, event education, design education, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Becoming a professional event designer allows you to stand out from other designers when clients are in search of their event teams. It becomes a factor in their decision-making process.
- A certification through the Institute allows you to draw upon the education and experience of the faculty so you may operate your business very efficiently and avoid costly errors.
THE WEDDING AND EVENT DESIGNER CERTIFICATION COURSE CONSISTS OF:
- Elements of Event Design
- Tools of the Trade
- The Business of Event Design
- Colour Theory
- Lighting Design
- Backdrops & Draping
- Event Floral Art & Installations
- Styled Shoots
- Marketing & Branding
THE BUSINESS OF WEDDING AND EVENT DESIGN
- Business Operations
- Event Staffing
- Contract Creation
- Production Standards
- Marketing and Branding
- Legal Services
- Inventory and Collateral Management
- Colour Wheel
- Psychology of Colour
- Colour Trends
- Several sketching techniques
- Rendering techniques
- Sketching tools
- Two dimensional sketching
- Three dimensional sketching
- Effect of lighting on an event design scheme
- Lighting fixtures
- Lighting effects
- Trussing and rigging
- Working with lighting professionals
- In-class the students will participate with hands-on draping, backdrops, arches, and tablescapes.
FINAL PRACTICAL PROJECT
A Final Practical Project must be completed and sent in for evaluation
All students must complete and submit all criteria of the Practical Project, submit all work, including photos and a video of their project. This project and all supporting documents will be evaluated and along with the student’s in-class success, will determine if the student is to be certified.
The cost of the course includes all instruction, text book, design apron, use of tools and materials in-class.
*Upon completion of the final exam, a certificate will be mailed to successful students 4-6 weeks after the course (International mail may take longer.)