There is a great saying:
“If you think hiring a Professional is expensive, wait until you hire an Amateur.”
We can speak for days about the cost of NOT hiring a trained, certified wedding planner, but today let’s talk about what it actually costs to hire a wedding planner.
The average cost of wedding services varies a little across this great country of ours due to demand, experience, and the cost of running a business in the area the wedding planner is operating in. Some wedding planners have to buy permits for each area they work in, others do not. Some areas have much higher marketing costs, while others have minimal marketing costs, so here is a guideline to show what average costs are.
Remember: Prices will be higher depending on the level of experience of the wedding coordinator and the level of complexity of the wedding.
The average cost of hiring a Wedding Planner across Canada:
Description of Service: Consulting is for couples who need help getting started or who have hit a road-block in their wedding planning. Consulting can be a one-time meeting or an on-going service. A normal session takes 2 hours and includes a telephone consultation prior to meeting in person.
- Cities: $150 for the first hour, $50-100 each additional hour.
- Towns: $100 for the first hour $50 each additional hour.
MONTH-OF COORDINATION SERVICES
Description of Service: This is the most common service of a wedding planner. This service is for those who have planned everything themselves and need someone to help finalize the details and coordinate the actual wedding day for them. Without a professional wedding planner handling all the details, who will make sure everything you planned actually happens?
- Vancouver, BC $1,500+
- Edmonton, AB $800-1,500+
- Red Deer, AB & surrounding areas $600-1,000+
- Calgary, AB $800-1,500+
- Saskatoon, SK $600-1,000+
- Regina, SK $600-1,000+
- Winnipeg, MB $600-1,000+
- Waterloo, ON $600-1,000+
- Toronto, ON $800-1,500+
- Niagara, ON $800-1,500+
- Montreal, QC $800-1,500+
- Moncton, NB $600-1,000+
- Charlottetown, PE $600-1,000+
- Halifax, NS $600-1,000+
- St. John’s, NL $600-1,000+
Description of Service: This service is for couples who would like a wedding coordinator working with them throughout the entire wedding planning process.
- 10-15% of your total wedding budget is the average cost of a wedding planner.
- They may charge using the percentage model or they may charge a flat fee. Flat fees for Full Coordination are $3,500-10,000+, based on area and experience.
- If you require the design services of your wedding coordinator, you will also be charged a “Design Fee” as well.