By Tracey Manailescu, WPIC Co-founder and Vice President
The below article is about how to avoid the following 5 mistakes with your wedding business.
You need to work on your business before your business works for you
- Not building rapport with potential clients. Show interest and enthusiasm. Listen more than you speak. Ask questions.
- Not being confident enough about what you have to offer and what you do for your couples. You need to know your services inside and out. Let potential clients know what you will be doing for them and how it will help them leading up to their wedding, as well as on their wedding day.
- Not presenting the benefits of hiring a professional and certified wedding planner. Talk about your education, experience, skills and expertise. Discuss what can go wrong on a wedding day and how you can make it right.
- Not working on the backend of your business during slow periods. Update your social media, write articles, submit weddings and styled shoots for publications. Get rid of systems that no longer help you and get new ones that do. Update your website. Get new headshots. Hire help if you need it.
- Thinking that since you had a great wedding season, you have made it. The wedding industry changes every single year. New couples and new wedding pros are constantly out there. You are only as good as your last event. Always be improving and updating.