By: Nicole of Nicole Day-of-Event Coordinator, WPICC
When you want to relive a day in the wedding industry, you know you have chosen the right path. The sun was shining and everyone was so happy to kick off the 2022 wedding season.
This styled shoot was inspired by spring colours along with fun and formal elements. I wanted to show couples how to integrate colours into their wedding day while keeping it elegant.
A nice touch to our day was a visit from The Brew Barrel’s new Mobile Bar for the 2022 season, named Oliver.
Also, the newest wedding vendor in Grey Bruce, is Sundays Ice Cream bike.
I believe a styled shoot is an important part of the industry, to meet new people and showcase your talents.
Have you thought about doing a styled shoot? Here are the dos and don’ts from a Professional WPIC Wedding Coordinator.
- Reach out to a variety of new vendors in your area
- Include 2-3 vendors you regularly work with and trust
- Determine your mood board and create a Pinterest inspiration. Share these with all vendors you ask to join. This gives them an insight into what they are signing up for and will get them excited to contribute
- Give your vendors creative freedom based on your inspiration and mood board
- Create a timeline and communicate it with all vendors prior to the styled shoot. I recommend finalizing all details 3-days before.
- Create a to-do list one week out, and start checking off completed tasks
- Take a risk, this is a time to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new
- Give yourself a variety of decor, tableware, linens, stationery, etc. This way, you will not be limited to one colour or style.
- Don’t limit your creative side
- Don’t leave anything last minute
- Don’t leave out any vendors involved when posting on social media
- Don’t show up without a detailed schedule
- Don’t choose a venue that can’t accommodate a wedding or event
- Don’t let the casual atmosphere of your styled shoot undermine your professionalism
Photography: Marie Scholz Photography
Coordinator & Design: Nicole Day-of-Event Coordinator
Wedding dresses: Blue Willow Bride
Wine Bottles: Bottled Up Craft Winemaking
Invitations: Carma Designs
Decor (gold vintage candlesticks, large gold lanterns, candle on brew barrel): Lace and Lilac
Videography: Hello Madison Creative
Makeup and hair: Glam and Grace
Florist: Stems and Roots Studio
Name Place Settings: Summer and Saje Co.
Ice Cream Bike: Sundays Ice Cream
Mobile Bar: The Brew Barrel
Venue: Special Events Centre
Cakes: Willow Rose Cakes
Tall candles (pink): Atelier 522 Neustadt
Necklaces and gold bracelet: A Golden Repair
Tableware, chairs, plates, napkins, linens (etc): NJS Design