by Danielle Andrews, WPIC President and Co-Founder
There is no doubt that this is an extremely challenging time for wedding professionals, I have spoken to quite of few of you that are struggling right now. No one can deny or sugar-coat that this is the roughest storm the wedding industry has ever faced, but you can choose to make this a positive time for your business. While it seems that everything to do with weddings is on hold, you can take advantage of the little silver linings, or blessings, if you will.
Weddings are going to come back next year, in a BIG way! If you can survive this shut-down, you will have more work than you can handle come this time next year. One of those little blessings that I mentioned, is that couples have learned one very important lesson: “WE SHOULD HAVE HIRED A WEDDING PLANNER!”
Another silver lining in this downtime, is that this is the perfect time to get everything done that you have always said you were going to do.
So why don’t you:
- Update your website
- Revamp your social media
- Start creating content on TikTok
- Start your blog (remember the 107 topics I provided for you here)
- Create those on-boarding client packages you’ve always said you were going to create
- Make all of your templates prettier
- Learn Canva
- Learn from other Wedding Pros (there is soo much content out there right now!)
- Go through past WPIC blogs and learn how to: find your perfect couple, build a marketing plan, live-stream weddings, take better photos on your phone, plan a virtual wedding, sales mistakes you are making, avoid burn-out, deal with difficult clients, keep children entertained at weddings, time-saving tools, etc. You get the picture 🙂
- Sit down and figure out who your ideal client is so you can start marketing ONLY to them
- Create a Styled Shoot (and submit it) to attract exactly the clients you want
- Submit weddings that you worked on last season to Wedding Blogs and Magazines
- Create a Microwedding Package (get together some awesome vendors and create a dream 3-hour wedding package for couples to have now!)
- Get certified in Wedding & Event Design
- Get certified in Destination Wedding Coordination (destination weddings are going to be even more popular since weddings are going to be smaller.)
It is so easy to be overwhelmed right now, but take a look at this list, think about what you would like to do to improve your business and focus on one thing at a time.
Something good truly can come out of this tough time, those who survive it will be stronger business people, and your website, blog and social media will be way prettier 😉