Elevate Your Expertise in Wedding Planning, Consulting, and Coordination!
Welcome to our cutting-edge certification course in Wedding Planning, Consulting, and Coordination – a transformative journey for both aspiring wedding professionals entering the industry and seasoned experts seeking higher education. At the forefront of wedding planning education for over two decades, we proudly present the Wedding Planner, Consultant, and Coordinator Certification course, a testament to our unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Comprehensive Learning Experience: Our course seamlessly combines engaging lectures, insights from industry luminaries, an in-class assignment, and independent home-study to provide a well-rounded and immersive learning experience that prepares you for the dynamic world of wedding planning.
- Leading-Edge Textbook: In class you will receive the WPIC textbook that serves as your guide through this enriching journey. Designed to complement your participation in the class, the textbook is your greatest resource on all things wedding-related.
- Empowering Education: Whether you’re taking your first steps into the world of weddings or seeking to refine your professional skill set, our course caters to all levels of expertise. It’s a journey designed to ignite your passion and elevate your career.
Unlock Your Potential in Wedding Planning, Consulting, and Coordination:
This certification course is more than just a credential; it’s your gateway to becoming a skilled Wedding Planner, Consultant, and Coordinator. Join us in mastering the art of crafting unforgettable wedding experiences. Enroll today and embark on a transformative journey that will empower you to excel in the vibrant and ever-evolving world of weddings. Your dream career in wedding planning awaits!
Be sure to read this article: What does a Wedding Planner do?
2 Days of In-class Instruction + In-class Project + 2 Weeks Home Study + Final Exam = Certification
The Professional Wedding Planner, Consultant and Coordinator
- What is a wedding planner/coordinator/consultant?
- Difference between planner, coordinator and consultant
- Wedding planners/coordinators and their roles through history
- Profile of a wedding planner/consultant/coordinator
- The reasons a wedding planner/consultant/coordinator would be hired
- Income potential
- The many roles of a wedding coordinator
- Couple psychology
- Expectations of a wedding coordinator/consultant
- The nuances and phases of wedding planning and coordination
- The nuances of wedding invitations and wording
- Dining styles and table set-up
Wedding Coordination and Planning
- Planning and Coordination of the wedding day from start to finish
- Creating wedding schedules, checklists, timelines, diagrams, and templates
- Developing the theme and design
- Vendor relations
- Site visits
- Rehearsal planning
- Coordinator’s roles throughout the planning process
The Business of Weddings
- How to build a portfolio
- Building a vendor database
- Client interviews
- Setting up one’s own business
- Getting started
- Choosing a name and slogan
- Market research
- Building a contract
- Office requirements
- Equipment requirements
- Sole proprietorship vs. Incorporation
- Hiring assistants
- Setting your fees
- Choosing your services
- Part-time vs. full-time
- Home office vs. commercial office
- How to attract potential clients
- Building relationships with Wedding Professionals and Networking
- Advertising your business
- Generating business
- Getting to know your target market/niche
- Utilizing Social Media
- How much will it all cost?
- And many more topics
- Professional Wedding Industry Guest Speaker/s
- Group Assignment & Presentations
2 Week Home Study
Two weeks of Home Study is a review of all of the above, as well as studying the provided textbook which also includes:
- Social Media and Public Relations
- Everything a Wedding Professional should know about Wedding Etiquette
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Wedding Attire
- Second Marriages
- Gift Registration
- Wedding Showers
- Stag/Bachelor Parties
- Wedding Fundraisers
- Jack & Jill’s/Buck & Does
- Thank you cards
- Dinner Place settings
- Who traditionally pays for what
- The Wedding MC and announcements
- Receiving lines and their order
- Cash Bars
Final Certification Exam
The Final Certification Exam is web-based and can be completed from any computer.
You will have 120 minutes to complete the Exam. There are 80 questions drawn randomly from a pool of 120 questions. The Certification Exam is worth 40% of your Final Grade and must be passed with an overall mark of 60% or higher.
Refunds will be given provided 5 business days notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the class start date. All funds will be returned except the $100 registration fee. There will be no refunds of the course fee once the class has begun .
*Upon completion of the final exam, a certificate will be mailed to successful students 4-6 weeks after the course (International mail may take longer.)