Wedding Styled Shoots are not only a way for Wedding Professionals to exercise and showcase their creative juices, but they also provide a wonderful opportunity to market and optimize their style, ideas, and expertise to a larger platform. Styled Shoots add value to wedding businesses by portfolio building, content for social media which leads to increasing social media followers, brand recognition, vendor networking, and designing concepts to target future ideal clients.
This is an in-person course that teaches the intricate and fascinating nuances of styled shoots and how to design them with intention. This is a continuing education course for Wedding Professionals. The course is made up of Lecture Theory, Industry Speakers, Hands-on Practicum (in-person class). A Course Workbook will be provided.
This course will be 2 days in-class 9 am-5 pm both days. Students will be in professional photos* both days and will receive those photos for their Social Media, Portfolios, and Websites.**
*A photo release must be signed by each attendee, as the class photos will be used on social media as well as advertising and promotion for WPIC Inc.
**Proper credit to photographer must be given.
The first day of the class involves business, coordination, and planning, with hands-on exercises that will be applied to the styled shoot that students will execute the next day. Students will hear from industry experts, receive professional working shots, and will participate in every aspect of a real Styled Shoot (from set-up to execution, to coordination, to tear-down) with guaranteed publication.
This course is for you if:
- You are a wedding professional
- You are looking for a way to Market yourself and/or your business
- You aren’t sure how to get published
- You would like hands-on experience working on a styled shoot
- You like done-for-you contracts and templates
What you will learn:
- The Art & Execution of Styled Shoots
- How to pitch your styled shoot
- What publishers are looking for
- How to build amazing styled shoots and get them published
- Ready-to-use templates and checklists
- Vendor agreements/contracts
- Model release form
- A workbook
- Lists of publications accepting Styled Shoots and how to submit to them
- Professional working photos of each student
- Professional photos of the styled shoot after publication
- In-class theory lectures (topics include vision boards, putting a team together, investments, responsibilities of the planner, creating timelines, case studies, ROI assessment, publication goals, pitching to the media, etc.)
- Industry expert guest speakers
- Practical hands-on exercise with photos of Student Creation
- Practical hands-on exercise to create elements of Styled shoot
- Execution of one of two real Styled Shoots with guaranteed publication
Refunds will be given provided 5 business days’ notice is given in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the class start date. All funds will be returned except the $100 registration fee. As tangible items will have been purchased for your participation, cancellation later than 5 days prior to the class start date will not be accepted. You may however transfer your registration to someone else.
This course will be instructed by WPIC Co-Founders, Danielle Andrews and Tracey Manailescu.
Danielle and Tracey have been executing professional Styled Shoots since their inception. They are sharing their best pro tips with attendees and will delve into your why, your goals, and your ROI. They will also be sharing their experiences, trials, tribulations, and learning moments to save you from expensive mistakes. So far, they have produced Styled Shoots in Italy, Mexico, and Canada.
Some of the publications their Styled Shoots have been featured in: